- For men and women who are illegal or visa overstays.
- If they are now or have been physically battered or emotionally abused by their U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident husband or wife.
- Benefits abused children under 21 or step children of U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Requires completion of Form I-360 plus payment of a filing fee.
- Must provide proof of abuse: counselor reports, hospital reports, police reports, eye-witness or neighbor affidavits, applicants own personal statement.
- Must provide proof of good faith relationship: marriage information and proof that spouses resided together.
- May lead to work authorization and permanent residency status for the applicant.
Domestic Violence Information
Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence (FCADV)
U.S. Department of Justice Violence Against Women’s Office
VAWA Survival Plan
Victim Service Center
Safehouse of Seminole