Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Battered Spouses (Male or Female)
- For men and women who are illegal or visa overstays.
- If they are now or have been physically battered or emotionally abused by their U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident husband or wife.
- Benefits abused children under 21 or step children of U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Requires completion of Form I-360 plus payment of a filing fee.
- Must provide proof of abuse: counselor reports, hospital reports, police reports, eye-witness or neighbor affidavits, applicants own personal statement.
- Must provide proof of good faith relationship: marriage information and proof that spouses resided together.
- May lead to work authorization and permanent residency status for the applicant.